Monday, February 18, 2013

First Blog Ever.

So, very recently, I decided that it might be a good first step in growing my business in the makeup industry, would be creating a blog. So here it is! I hope that anyone reading this will be patient and kind, since this is something that is both personal and close to my heart. I have amazing friends and family who are supporting me in this adventure, so here it goes!

I guess a good place to start is the beginning. While I was growing up, I was not the hair and makeup kind of girl. I was an extremely busy teenager with little time or patience for beauty products. Fast forward ten years, and I visited a Sephora store in Calgary with my boss on a business trip. I found a palette with 78 colours and new found affinity for makeup.

I bough some brushes and was on my way. I started playing around with colour combinations and thought I was getting pretty good with shading, blending and colourful creations! I found that there are tons of Make Up Artists (MUA's) and beauty companies, independent and global alike, that post contests, giveaways, and opportunities to showcase talent. I finally got the nerve to enter one and post my looks online.


This was the first look I posted online. Even though I had horribly bushy eyebrows, which isn't the end of the world, I am still proud of this look. It was my first time entering any contests and I came in second in a "likes based" contest. This gave me huge confidence boost, and I started trying something new everyday, and posting them to my Facebook page and Instagram. I received tons of support from family and friends, and even a few of them have asked me to do their make up for important events.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151430096130362.546398.503775361&type=1&l=e98eee8116
This link will take you to my Facebook album of daily looks.

So now I decided how to expand my reach past my Local family and friends, and hopefully grow my name into something. Right now, I am not sure exactly what that is or where it will head, but I am extremely excited about where this road could take me. Welcome to Deeper Than Skin Beauty, a place where all women can realize the potential of their inner and outer, beautiful selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment